- 1 UPSC CSAT Syllabus 2017 PDF
- 2 UPSC CSAT 2017 Syllabus analysis
CSAT is the national exam that is conducted by UPSC. The candidates who clear the CSAT exam are appointed in the various administrative services like IAS, IPS, IFS etc. The candidates who are studying for the CSAT 2017 must check the new syllabus pattern for CSAT 2017. The exam is conducted by UPSC & the official website is www.upsc.gov.in
UPSC CSAT Syllabus 2017 PDF
CSAT is a very popular exam that is conducted by UPSC. The candidates who clear the exam of CSAT studied for years to get the selection. The civil services exam is one of the toughest exam in India. The level of competition & the level of exam is too high than any other exam.
Around 10 lac students fill the application form & only four lac students are shortlisted from the preliminary exam. The CSAT exam has three parts in i.e. Preliminary examination, Main Examination & Interview. There are total number of twenty four services that are listed in the CSAT exam. These services are divided into three main categories i.e. All India Services (Group A), Central Services (Group A), Group B Services.UPSC CSAT 2017 Syllabus
The table given below will provide you all the information that you need about the services offered to the CSAT candidate.
|Category of Services||No. of services involved.|
|All India Services (Group A)||Indian Administrative Service (IAS)|
Indian Police Service (IPS)
|Central Services (Group A)|
|Group B Services|
Number of Attempts in CSAT 2017
A candidate can make a limited number of attempts in CSAT exam according to his category.
- General category :- 5 Attempts
- OBC Category :- 7 attempts
- SC/ST candidates :- Unlimited attempts until you acquire the age of 37 years.
The number of attempts are counted by the number of times you had written the preliminary exam. No matter you qualified or shortlisted , this will be counted as an attempt.
The CSAT exam is comprised of three parts i.e.
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2017
The first phase of CSAT 2017 is preliminary exam. This test is prepared in such a way that it could analyse the reasoning & analytical skills of a candidate.
Important points for CSAT Preliminary Exam
- The nature of CSAT preliminary exam is objective type.
- It consists of two parts i.e. Paper I & paper II. Both the exam carry 200 marks with a grand total of 400 marks.
- The preliminary exam is a screening test for the candidates. The performance of Preliminary exam will not effect the performance of Mains Exam.
- Paper I consists of General Studies & Aptitude Skills. Paper II consists of Comprehension, Decision-making & mental ability.
Civil Service Main Examination 2017
The mains exams for Civil services is the test of academic talent for the candidate. It check the comprehensive intellectual quality and the understanding of a candidate rather than checking his information & memory.
Important points for CSAT Mains Exam
- The total number of exams in Mains are nine in number. The two exams are only for qualifying i.e. any Indian Language & II. English.
- The marks for both will not be counted but are necessary to qualify.
- The total marks for main exam are 1750.
|Paper – I||Essay||250|
|Paper – II||General Studies- I||250|
|Paper – III||General Studies- II||250|
|Paper – IV||General Studies- III||250|
|Paper – V||General Studies- IV||250|
|Paper – VI||Optional Subject – Paper 1||250|
|Paper – VII||Optional Subject – Paper II||250|
UPSC CSAT 2017 Syllabus analysis
UPSC has one of the widest range of syllabus for the written test. The total number of exams that are in CSAT exam are 11. The eleven papers have different course. So here We are going to describe the syllabus for CSAT 2017 exam.
Civil Services Preliminary Syllabus 2017
The exam pattern is described the upper part. here we will only talsk about the topics that are covered in papers or section.
Preliminary Exam is divided into two parts i.e. Paper I & paper II.
|Paper I||Current events of national and international importance, History of India and Indian National Movement, Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World., Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc, Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc., General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change|
|Paper II||Comprehension Interpersonal skills including communication skills, Logical reasoning and analytical ability , Decision-making and problem solving|
General mental ability, Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.
Civil Services Preliminary Syllabus 2017
|Paper – I||An Essay that can be written in the opted language.|
|Paper – II||General Studies- I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)|
|Paper – III||General Studies- II ( Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)|
|Paper – IV||General Studies- III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)|
|Paper – V||General Studies- IV Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude|
|Paper – VI||Optional Subject – Paper 1|
|Paper – VII||Optional Subject – Paper 2|
Optional Subjects in CSAT Exam 2017
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
UPSC CSAT Interview Details
- This phase of exam is also called personality test.
- The interview is focused on your Mental skills like mental alertness, clear and logical exposition, critical powers of assimilation, variety and depth of interest, balance of judgement, intellectual and moral integrity ability for social cohesion and leadership.
- A panel of members will be sitting in the Interview hall & check your skills in terms of judgement, intellectual and moral integrity.
- The maximum marks for Interview is 275.
UPSC CSAT Syllabus Pattern
After you have read the syllabus details of all the phases of exam. Now you can check the some additional tips for exam.
Tips for Preparation of CSAT 2017 Exam
- First of all , read all the details of syllabus & down;pad the official notification of CSAt 2017 exam.
- After this , you take one print out for the syllabus section & dread all the topics that are specified in it.
- After that decide which optional subjects you have to choose. There are more than 50 subjects for a candidate. Choose the best two for the optional paper V & VI.
- After you have selected the topics , try to find the best books that can help you to enhance your knowledge in terms of the competition.
- After this you can find some good place where you can sit & study. Make sure the course is very vast & you have miles to go for it.
- The syllabus of CSAT takes near up to an year to complete.
- There may be many relatives or your friends who will talk negative about you, do not consider their opinion.
- The most important thing to clear the written test exam is acquire as more knowledge as you can. After all the marks you will obtain can be obtained by the content you studied for the period.
- Stay calm & focus on your studies.
Civil Services 2017 Exam syllabus Topic wise
- Name of the Organisation: UPSC
- Name of the Post: IAS, IPS & IFS
- Category: Syllabus
- Job Location: Anywhere in India
- Official Site: www.upsc.gov.in
That’s all for now if you like the article please write us feedback to let us know. You can also ask any question or doubt if you have. If you have any feedback for the preparation tips in CSAT 2017 then please write comment & we will update your suggestion in the post. You can also subscribe us so that you will be able to get all the updates in your mailbox daily. Thank you.