CSAT is the biggest exam in India. All the administrative posts are allotted after the candidates qualify the CSAT exam. As we have already discussed the syllabus for the CSAT 2017 exam. Here we will provide you the information related to CSAT books for IAS 2017 exam. The official website for all the information related to CSAT is www.upsc.gov.in.
CSAT Books for UPSC PDF
For an exam like CSAT we need to study so many books. The exam is not just an MCQ competitive exam, but the exam is a test to check the deep knowledge of every subject you are studying. So the point is you need to have more & more books to get the deep knowledge in any subject. That is why we are going to provide you the names of some books that are very helpful for you.
The preliminary exam is the first step to your journey. So here we will provide you the details of some books that are useful in preliminary exam. The Preliminary exam is consisting of two parts i.e. General studies and Aptitude test.
About CSAT 2017
CSAT stands for civil service aptitude test. The authority for this exam is under UPSC. All the phases of exams are conducted under the supervision of UPSC. After the written test i.e. Prelims & mains are cleared you will be going to meet the member of Administrative committee in the Interview. The jurisdiction of UPSC is under UPSC after the written exam is over , the power & regulation for a candidate selection goes to the panel of members.CSAT Books for IAS 2017
The civil services examination concept is not anew one. This is as old as the Indian culture. Before Independence IAS exam were called ICS exam by the British government. Not just this the Mauryan empire has also made a criteria for the selection of various administrative officers in the court.
In the modern era , this status has not changed much but still the appearing candidates & the candidates selected have a lot of difference. The pass percentage for the CSAT exam is very less. Around 10 lac students comes in the prelim exam & only 50,000 students are shortlisted for the mains exam. These students are also shortlisted with mains exam & interview. & finally very few students are there who went to to the IAS training.
The IAS training institute is situated in Mussoorie hill station in the uttarakhand state of India. The candidates who clear the Interview section which is the last phase of selection are send to the training institute in Mussoorie. The name of this institute is Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration. Not only Indian trainees but this Institute has trained many other Administrative officer from many foreign countries like Nepal, Bangladesh & Myanmar. This hows how reputed this Institute is.
Due to the great Interest of candidates in IAS exam. The number of attempts are limited for anybody. There are some relaxation for category students but the restriction is still present for everyone.
The IAS services are divided into three broad categories
- All India Services (Group A)
- Central Services (Group A)
- Group B Services
All India Services (Group A) :- It comprises of two main services i.e. Indian Administrative Service (IAS) & Indian Police Service (IPS).
Central Services (Group A) :- It comprises of various other central government administrative posts like Audit , Defence , Foreign & Ordinance departments. The total number of 18 department departments are included in this division.
Group B Services :- It comprises of five departments i.e. Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service (AFHCS), Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands Civil Service (DANICS), Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands Police Service (DANIPS), Pondicherry Civil Service
Pondicherry Police Service.
CSAT Books for IAS
There are so many books that you can buy from market or from any online store. But first of all you need to know how you are going to study for it. If you know all the syllabus for the paper. An article is written in the same portal if you do not have enough knowledge about syllabus.
Also Read : UPSC CSAT 2017 Syllabus
After reading this article you will be able to know the syllabus. After you will have enough knowledge about the course & topics that you need to cover in the exam , you will be able to know which book is good & which one is better for you. Every one has its own way of studying. The medium in which a person is comfortable to study for. If you are comfortable with a Hindi medium book then you should be studying the same but if you have enough fluency & clarity in English then you should be searching for English books. There is no matter which language you use to study & answer in the exam. At last you will be judged on the right answers & the knowledge you have. According to the constitution the language is just a medium of expressing your view , the real thing is what you know & how you manage your things.
This was a small motivational pill for the students who are little obsessed with the language barrier. Now talking about the exam pattern in brief.
As you all know there are three phases of CSAT IAS exam
- CSAT IAS Prelims
- CSAT IAS Main Exam
- CSAT IAS Interview
CSAT IAS Prelims
There are two parts in Prelims exam. Paper I & paper II.
- Paper I :- General Studies & Aptitude Skills.
- Paper II :- Comprehension, Decision-making & mental ability.
- The total maximum marks for both the paper are 400.
CSAT IAS Main Exam
There are total nine exams in mains examination.
- Paper – I :- Essay
- Paper – II :- General Studies- I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)
- Paper – III :- General Studies- II ( Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)
- Paper – IV :- General Studies- III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
- Paper – V :- General Studies- IV Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude
- Paper – VI :- Optional Subject – Paper 1
- Paper – VII :- Optional Subject – Paper 2
- The maximum marks for mains exam are 1750.
CSAT IAS Interview
- This is the person evaluation test.
- The total marks of this phase is 275 marks.
- There are mainly five member sitting in the Interview panel & asking you various questions from many topics.
Application for CSAT 2017 @ upsc.gov.in
If you are not ware of the application process then have a look on this elf explanatory post.
- Open the website of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
- Now find out the link for UPSC CSAT 2017.
- After you will click on the link a form will be opened on the screen.
- After you will see the form , fill all the details in it.
- Submit the form after you cross checked the form details.
- Now close the website & proceed to part II.
- First login to the application form.
- Fill the form & submit the details.
- Submit the application fee , if applicable.
- Download a print out for future use in PDF format.
CSAT Books for Prelims Examination Topic Wise
Here are the name of some books that are useful in your preparation.
- 22 Years CSAT General Studies IAS Prelims Topic-wise Solved Papers 1995-2016
- Cracking the CSAT Paper-2
- 15 Practice Sets – CSAT Paper-2 (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
- 22 Years CSAT General Studies IAS Prelims Topic-wise Solved Papers 1995 – 2016 (Hindi)
CSAT Simplified 2017 – 22 yrs GS Solved Papers with General Knowledge 2017 & Current Affairs
- General Studies – Paper I: For Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2017
- CSAT – Solved Papers for Civil Services Preliminary Examination (General Studies Paper II)
- 21 Years CSAT General Studies IAS Prelims Topic-wise Solved Papers (Old Edition)
- General Studies Manual – Paper 1 2017
- The General Science Compendium for IAS Prelims General Studies CSAT Paper 1, UPSC & State PSC
- Crack CSAT – Paper 2 with 5 Mock Tests (General Studies IAS Prelims) Fifth Edition
- The Geography Compendium for IAS Prelims General Studies CSAT Paper 1, UPSC & State PSC
- UPSC 10 Practice Sets – General Studies Paper-1
- 15 Practice Sets – CSAT Paper-2 (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
- The History Compendium for General Studies CSAT – Paper 1, State PCS, CDS, NDA & other Competitive Exams
- CSAT General Studies Paper 1 (IAS Prelims) 101 Speed Tests Practice Workbook with 10 Practice Sets
- The Mega Yearbook 2017 – Current Affairs & General Knowledge for Competitive Exams
CSAT Books Free Download
As in the end of this post we are going to write some details about this post in brief. This small tabular representation will help you in the same.
- Name of the Organisation: UPSC
- Name of the Post: IAS, IPS & IFS
- Category: Study Material
- Job Location: Anywhere in India
- Official Site: www.upsc.gov.in
That’s all for now if you like the article please write us feedback to let us know. You can also ask any question or doubt if you have. If you have any feedback for the study material of CSAT 2017 then please write comment & we will update your suggestion in the post. You can also subscribe us so that you will be able to get all the updates in your mailbox daily. Thank you.